Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

"Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls: Essays, Etc." by David Sedaris

I have always loved any work by David Sedaris.  His books are always humorous and thought-provoking.  And I love this he writes locally about North Carolina sometimes.  Of course when I saw "Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls: Essays, Etc." in the best-seller's section at Barnes and Noble, I had to purchase it.

 David did not disappoint.  I couldn't put the book down.  And the chapters are fairly short, so it's easy to pull that "Well let me just read this one last chapter before I go to bed card" and stay up way too late.  I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good laugh, loves to read about NC, or loves David Sedaris.


Synopsis from Barnes and Noble website:
A guy walks into a bar car and...
From here the story could take many turns. When this guy is David Sedaris, the possibilities are endless, but the result is always the same: he will both delight you with twists of humor and intelligence and leave you deeply moved.
Sedaris remembers his father's dinnertime attire (shirtsleeves and underpants), his first colonoscopy (remarkably pleasant), and the time he considered buying the skeleton of a murdered Pygmy.
With Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, David Sedaris shows once again why his work has been called "hilarious, elegant, and surprisingly moving" (Washington Post).

No comments:

Post a Comment