Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Hardcore" Guitar Pick Holder

I love Bath & Body Works candles and the glass jars with lids that they come in.  However, I don't like throwing them out and wasting them.  I'm always looking for new ways to reuse glass items.  I've had this projects on the books for a while, but didn't have time to do it until this past week.

I started out with a used candle jar from Bath & Body Works.  This is one of the smaller sized jars.  By the way, if you haven't tried the Peach Bellini scent yet, it smells soooo good.  And I don't even like peach smelling things.


To get the candle wax out, we just pop the jars in the freezer and let the wax harden.  The candle wax generally comes out very easily after that.  The stickers peel off easily and then we just give the jars a good scrubbing to get the remaining wax reside out.

I told Pete that we needed to go to Michael's so that I could get some items to make something for his room.  I was told that I could only make it if it was hardcore.  Hardcore it is....

I picked up a sheet of silver scrapbook paper, some scrapbook letters, and some scrapbook skull stickers.


I cut measured the paper and cut it to fit inside the jar.


Next, I added my embellishments to the scrapbook strip.


Once I put the strip down in the jar, I secured each end of the paper to each other with tape.  I also had to trim the top off a little because the jar has a plastic seal on it that wasn't fitting properly with all of the paper at the top.

And here's the finished product:



 Yet another way to reduce, reuse, and recycle your used candle jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment